(Our team catering for student lunch at the start of the 2023 year at Regency Park TAFE)
Our Club provides local community support in a wide variety of ways.
- Weekly collection and distribution of bread and pasta to disadvantaged groups for over 15 years.
- Drivers for Meals on Wheels for over 35 years.
- Financial and practical support for groups who support the homeless, displaced and otherwise disadvantaged people Eg. Anglicare. St Bede’s Drop In Centre at Semaphore. CHATS Port Adelaide. The Foundry, Adelaide. Western Domestic Violence Services
- Supporting purchase of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) for St. Bede’s, Semaphore and adjacent community.
- Contributing to Fundraising events for Australian Rotary Health, Hutt Street Centre, Mother’s Day Classic and Deaf Connect.
- Administrative and practical support for Ridley Grove Community Garden.
- Financial sponsorship for Port District Women’s Football team
- Financial sponsorship for Rotary Youth training projects including RYLA, RYPEN and ‘One and All’ Sailing programmes.
- Catering support for Prospect Kindergarten annual end of year concert.
- Collection and distribution of recyclable cardboard items for kindergarten and early childhood centres.
- Providing ‘Front Row To Go’ classroom hearing supports and an AED for Largs Bay School.
- Continued financial support for the work of International Nepal Fellowship’s Green Pastures Hospital in Pokhara, Nepal as well as assisting in fundraising activities for their other health and community development projects.
- Support for recently arrived Refugees.
- Support for children with a parent in prison through ‘SECOND CHANCES’.
- Practical and financial support for the various programmes at CALPERUM near Renmark.
- Catering support for Community events in Port Adelaide /Enfield, Sturt and West Torrens Local Government areas.
- Marshalling support for annual Norwood Christmas Pageant
- Support of Aboriginal health programmes preventing Trachoma via Rotary’s ‘End Trachoma’ project. This also engages local school communities.