CC 2019 Event Review
Congratulations to all Participants!
- 36 starters left Kartmania on SATURDAY 6TH JULY 2019.
- There were 19 vehicles including 8 Corollas.
ODYSSEY SUMMARY & HIGHLIGHTS
DAY ONE. Highway A1 to Port Augusta and onto Mt Ive. Great Frank Pasta Night with pasta donated by Jack Kelso’s pasta source.
DAY TWO. Gawler Range Circuit and lunch near the summit of Mt Sturt. Great night meal of MICK’S BANGERS AND MASH.
DAY THREE. South to Nyroca, a detour to Kimba (oops), missed DARKE PEAK and nearly a bogged convoy on the DRY WEATHER RD south of Yeelana.
DAY FOUR. Some sand dune adventures in COFFIN BAY NATIONAL PARK. Great Camp fire cooking and CAPT ARCH’S AUCTION.
DAY FIVE. Wet weather in Lincoln and taking over the Tasman Hotel pavement for Lunch. Checked out September Beach. Great BBQ with PORT LINCOLN ROTARY CLUB.
DAY SIX. Great Day MEMORY COVE, SLEAFORD MEER, WANNA SANDUNES and WHALERS WAY. That night a delicious Seaford Dinner.
DAY SEVEN. Headed north to HINCKS CONSERVATION PARK but no luck finding the track. A surprise stop at Pt Neil then on to COWELL and the Franklin Hotel for the SEAFARERS FINAL DINNER.
DAY EIGHT. Home via Whyalla and the Tinman Servo.
DATE FOR REUNION (tentative)
TUESDAY 3RD SEPTEMBER
Every year Corolla Capers supports one or more charities. This year, 3 will be supported.
- BHUTAN2020: A Project of Disaster Aid Australia to put a SkyHydrant water filter into every school in Bhutan. https://www.skyjuice.org.au/safe-water-bhutan-2020/
- HEARTBEAT: Provides information, assistance and reassurance to persons suffering from cardiac disease and their families. http://www.heartbeatsouthaustralia.org.au/about-us
- POLIO+: A project of Rotary International and the Rotary Foundation to rid the world of that insidious disease, Polio. https://my.rotary.org/en/take-action/end-polio
Enquiries to Ron Rogers: email@example.com